[dba-Tech] Are we being forced to migrate to Linux?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 11 03:00:48 CDT 2013

The following article attempts to scare the users of XP into using what?

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/european-technology/ok-so-stick-with-window
s-xp-but-how-big-a-risk-do-you-run/1627?tag=nl.e101&s_cid=e101&ttag=e101

Thousands of businesses failed to migrate from XP to Vista, for obvious
reasons and now that they may have been willing to move to Windows7,
Microsoft has removed any steps between XP and Windows8. Businesses are
finding they have no where to go. Big business has no intension on embracing
untried product with a dubious record so far.

Just today a friend who works for a company called Soroc (they do all bank
computer maintenance and installation), one I use to work for, says the
banks are now seriously looking at moving their operation to Linux.

If this is the case Microsoft may have made a major blunder in trying to
force everyone to use Win8 by removing Win7.

Even NASA is moving to Linux not Windows. ;-)

https://www.linux.com/news/featured-blogs/191-linux-training/711318-linux-fo
undation-training-prepares-the-international-space-station-for-linux-migrati
on