[dba-Tech] Getting used to Windows 8

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 06:30:08 CDT 2013

There is a port on the left side which I initially assumed was a USB port,
but isn't.  It looks a lot like a standard USB port, though. Maybe it's the
ExpressCard port?

I think I'll also have to get one of those "octopuses" that has one USB
port on one end that branches into 5 or so USB ports on the other end. I've
already used all my USB ports and i have three devices that are not hooked
up. It's a hassle having to swap them in and out. I guess one should never
complain about having too many devices :)

Arthur

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 4:31 AM, Gustav Brock <gustav at cactus.dk> wrote:

> Hi Arthur
>
> If no ExpressCard port, I think you are out of options. USB 3.0 is about
> hardware, not software (except drivers, of course).
>
> My old HP zd8000 has an ExpressCard port, and I obtained a Sandberg
> ExpressCard USB 3.0 adapter, so now I can hook up a 1TB external drive and
> USB 3.0 card reader and copy between these at excellent speed. Very handy.
>
> /gustav

Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Niels Bohr