[dba-Tech] CQRS or 6*9 = 42

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 21 12:07:01 CST 2013

Hi Shamil:

A very interesting subject.

There are so many questions about how to properly manage data when data is
huge and the number of users are massive. This lends its self to the NoSQL
world of huge data where data can be spread across thousands of servers
being accessed and changed and added to by thousands of users.

I have noticed this latency with Facebook where just running a refresh may
display one set of data then a new refresh and another slightly different
set is presented...and the data isn't new...but all the matching results are
not retrieved at any single time. Multiple refreshes, in a row, seems to
produce the best results.

So what types of data and database will you use. It will be difficult to
emulate the same set of issues when a system only has limited users and
data...doesn't such tests require a high stressed environment?

But do keep us posted on the scenario and products you will be using to test
these concepts and any significant results you subsequently observe.