[dba-Tech] Now that google apps is not free what do we do for cloud email

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:20:05 CST 2013

Hello All,

Since Sept 2006 I have been using Google Apps for company based email for
my clients.

As you may know, as of Dec 6th 2012, google no longer offer this service
for free.  It must now be paid for at a rate of US$50 Per user per year.
 For a small company 5 - 10 employees, this is not expensive, but over 5
years, it still amounts to 1250 - 2500.

In my opinion, it is still good value for what you get, but I wonder what
you use if you want to have company based *cloud *email for free.

Any recommendations ?

Mark