[dba-Tech] Now that google apps is not free what do we do for cloudemail

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 17 12:20:22 CST 2013

Google mail is still free and if you need a free office product try Libra
Office (It is OSS so there are not limits or licensing issues) and even
Microsoft has 25 GB of free Cloud space for a shared file directory and then
there is dropbox with 10-20GB available.

The tools are all there just have to do some creative thinking.

If you want to stretch further, you can hack some Linux box together and you
can have unlimited remote sessions through your remote desktop (limited of
course by resources). You can add in Apache and have remote access from
anywhere through the WebServer. Then there is OpenVPN...

Even with Microsoft, just put a shared folder on a client's server and set
it up so it can be accessed from anywhere in the network and externally
though Microsoft's Remote desktop but you are only allows two remote
sessions, for free. There are many other options that can save your client
thousands.