[dba-Tech] Ubuntu thin client

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Jan 20 15:44:14 CST 2013

 Hi Jim and Hans --

<<<
...such are Linux programmers who
have to (like to) do everything the hard way. ;-)

True ;)

Thank you for your tips/hints with Ubuntu.

After my first short experience with Ubuntu running under Win8 Prof. Hyper-V I'm making an assumption that:  this is an easy to setup and to handle stuff in its current version. It should become even easier to handle it even for newbies with releasing of the new versions.  I'm still able to learn and to start effectively using that OS environment it in a few months if that will be needed.
But nowadays MS Windows gives me much more powerful development environment and most of the mainstream technologies I'm using while developing for MS Windows are applicable for UNIX/Linux development.
Anyway I will try to keep playing with Ubuntu (node.js/Ruby on Rails/...)/learning them if time will allow but I doubt I will have that much of spare time.

-- Shamil