[dba-Tech] MS Surface RT

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Wed Jul 24 23:32:43 CDT 2013

Just got done working with a client that bought a Surface RT a few weeks
ago. He bought it for her. She's rather technologically phobic. He wanted
for her to be able to be able to use it in their network at the office and
be able to take it with her easily and have her files. So far the only issue
has been printing. They have a nice USB Canon laser printer but it does not
have drivers for the RT. They have an old Dell XP machine sitting there not
doing much so I connected the printer to it and use it as a print server.
All the other laptops print through it now except the RT. For that she has
to use XPS to print to a shared file on the print server, open it on the
print server and print. It isn't the ideal setup but it works. But I thought
I'd ask here if anyone else has a better idea.

jb