[dba-Tech] DBD Drive Hosed

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Jun 19 16:22:49 CDT 2013

Dear Lists:

O.K. - now I've got a serious problem and the internets have let me down.
I'm reinstalling everything on my laptop - going real smooth (for a change)
and now the DVD drive won't display in the Computer Window. Device Manager
says 'Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged."

So I can't figure out how to do the repair.  Update drive doesn't work -
says I've already got the latest drive.  Don't want to uninstall because I
don't know how to reinstall.

What to do?  What to do?

MTIA

Rocky