[dba-Tech] Restart network services on a server

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 21 17:21:17 CST 2013

Followup:

It seemed that a group of services had to be restarted. They all showed that they were running but apparently not. One Svchost process locked causing all the following services to stop functioning. I have never liked the Svchost bundling and now I like it even less.

The services that were stopped can not seen when checking the servers
WinHttpAutoProxySvc, AudioSrv, Browser, dmserver, HidServ, lanmanserver, lanmanworkstation,          seclogon, TrkWks and wuauserv,

I would suspect that lanmanserver and lanmanworkstation are the key to the problems. Anyway I restarted all of the above and everything is working. The only question now is why this group got into this condition considering that nothing has been added to the system but Microsoft's updates? And we know MS would never screw up their servers.