[dba-Tech] New Linux worm targets routers, cameras, “Internet of things” devices

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Nov 29 04:21:58 CST 2013

 Hi Linux Experts --

How *threatful* is the following issue for the mere mortals everyday users of the modern "Internet of things" devices?

" New Linux worm targets routers, cameras, “Internet of things” devices"

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/11/new-linux-worm-targets-routers-cameras-internet-of-things-devices/

I'm planning to setup a mobile-accessible relatively low-end consumer security/"home automation" system for a village house - how can I check if it's vulnerable for the above worm? No "paranoia" here - just wondering...

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль