[dba-Tech] ultimate win 8 nightmare

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 12:59:46 CDT 2013

Peter,

If you have an external drive, you could try attaching it directly to the
box that contains the Windows 8 stuff and copy that to the external, then
move the external to the box that contains the Windows 7 stuff and copy the
data to that directory. Just a WAG.

As to moving to Linux on a permanent basis, I have found that on my laptop
with 8GB RAM, VirtualBox runs just fine, so I have a Windows 7 VM there. I
haven't set up a Windows 8 VM yet, and no immediate need for one, but I may
do so at some point, just to feed my inner masochist.

Arthur