[dba-Tech] The big change

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 17:54:36 CDT 2013

Jim,

I agree with most of what you said and some of what your citations said.
Clearly the marketplace has shifted, and we dinosaurs who put on our
blinkers and see the rapidly-dimishing market for desktop apps
(irrespective of programming language)... I for one Refuse to die in the
asphalt tar-sands. Thank God for Alpha Anywhere to lead me out of these
tar-sands. Were it not for that company, I would fold my tent and steal
away like Arabs in the night (that's not a slur but a vaguely recollected
poem or story from Rudyard Kipling, or possibly someone else; memory fails,
in direct proportion to age).

A.