[dba-Tech] Microsoft confirms it's dropping Windows 8.1 support?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 16 19:57:25 CDT 2014

I too, don't really fully understand the article but I do remember how IE6,7,8,9,10,11 and soon to be 12 abandoned various older Windows OSs.

Most browser and many OS releases are what you would call rolling releases rather than version updates and their advancements are made in small increments as a major release can be quite jarring and they can break a number of products/plug-ins along the way.

I am still not sure what is the best method for advancing application/OS while keeping their features current but stable.