[dba-Tech] How to revive an XP POS PC

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 27 01:21:21 CDT 2014

Hi Mark:

Sounds like you have a nice unit there. :-)

I do not have a water cooled unit...yet. I have a gamer friend who installed a full water cooled system and is very pleased with the results. He evidentially over-clocked his box to the point where he said his CPU would burn out in two minutes if he did not have a water cooling system. He replaced two rather large fans and when he is running there is just a fairly quiet sort of bubbling sound...a lot quieter that the roar of the fans.

I am not sure of the rest of the particulars except he bought the unit from a local computer store we both haunt when looking for components. (I have a nice 64bit Asus Z87-K board, Intel CPU 4 Core, 3.3+GHz, flexible BIOS, 32GB of RAM, whisper quiet power supply (NRXN?) waiting to be installed in some old metal box that needs to be gutted first...winter project...might try water cooling if I start pushing the GHz...still deciding on the video card and how much hard drive or SSD space.)