[dba-Tech] Send SMS From Mobile Into MS Access Or SQL Database

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Feb 14 05:41:49 CST 2014

Ok, if you want to go with SMS from the device, your best bet is to instal an SMS server on
your machine.   I did a lot of work on premium rate SMS services a few years using this:

http://www.activexperts.com/mmserver/

but it is over kill in your situation.  A quick google turned up this one:

http://www.diafaan.com/  which looks as though it will do everything your want and much
more.  (Primarily, automatically log your incoming SMSs into SQL Server/Access/MySQL etc
database)

$195 for the Light version plus a GSM modem and SIM card and you are in business.  (and
you get a 30 day freee trial)

GSM modems for $30-40 : http://www.ebay.com/bhp/usb-gsm-modem

SIM card from your choice of carrier in your location: $????

--
Stuart