[dba-Tech] Visual Studio

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 17 12:49:21 CST 2014

Hi Dans:

Thanks for the information,

From: "Dan Waters" <df.waters at comcast.net>
To: "Discussion of Hardware and Software issues" <dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 10:03:26 AM
Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Visual Studio

Hi Jim,

Ignore Visual Studio Ultimate and Premium.  These are for software shops
which could actually benefit from the few 'luxury' features these editions
have.  For practical use by a single professional developer, VS Professional
is just fine - about $500.  There are also numerous extensions that are free
or low cost which are quite beneficial.

Good Luck!
Dan