[dba-Tech] BYOD printing using Windows 2012 print servers

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue May 20 03:40:17 CDT 2014

Hi all

When you have Windows Server 2012 as print server, how do you manage and offer printing for non-Windows devices like iPads and Android tablets?
AirPrint is not an option as this is Apple only.

I have tested HP ePrint service which is way too slow (may delay print output by 15 minuttes) and Microsoft Internet Print which, however, is for Windows only.

I've also checked EveryonePrint which is quite different but seems to work:

http://www.everyoneprint.com/everyoneprint-for-business/feature-tour/how-users-print-business/

Other suggestions or experiences?

/gustav