[dba-Tech] Bad karma - a kind of punning, but not only - I have got an issue with nodejs' karma module while installing gulp...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Jun 3 05:01:47 CDT 2015

 Hi Hans --

Yes, I know, Linux is the best :)
I do plan to purchase and to start working with Mac together with MS Windows, actually if I've had enough finances I'd have had purchased already all the iOS/Mac hardware/software stack including iWatch :)
But currently I'm bound to my MS Windows/.NET Framework development to get earned resources for a good Mac notebook with Parallels running MS Windows....

If you'll have a few minutes could you please check if

https://github.com/brettjonesdev/typescript-modularization-demo

will compile well in your environment? - I'm still getting compile-time error:

error TS1005: ';' expected.

even after using the latest MS TypeScript compiler/JS emitter from  https://github.com/Microsoft/TypeScript  which I have got git-ed from this site on my local system and I have built here locally using jake following their instructions.

AFAIU the following code line

import UnderscoreModule = module("libs/underscore");

from app.ts file of this small demo is causing the compile-time error message.
TypeScript compiler emits the following two js lines from the above source ts code line:

var UnderscoreModule = module;
("libs/underscore");

They look weird for me. The sample is very small and the issue should be easy to solve for experienced "TypeScript-er" - and I'm only using TypeScript for a few hours...

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Wednesday, June  3, 2015 2:01 AM -07:00 from Hans-Christian Andersen <hans.andersen at phulse.com>:
>Use vagrant and install the operating system that works best with the stack you are testing... Which is Linux. Most of your headaches should go away and you will have a nice clean environment to work from.
>
>- Hans
<<< skipped >>>