[dba-Tech] Bad karma - a kind of punning, but not only - I have got an issue with nodejs' karma module while installing gulp...

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Thu Jun 4 12:25:12 CDT 2015

Shamil,

I'm not sure you understood my suggestion.

Vagrant is a tool that helps you create and maintain lightweight development environments. It creates Linux VirtualBox vms on your local machine (Windows, Mac, Linux whatever) with a local folder mounted to it, which means you can develop using Visual Studio or whatever. It makes no difference and doesn't force you to another environment.

This might make a lot more sense for you since node.js works a lot better in a Linux (and Mac) environment as 99% of node developers write and deploy code on Linux and Macs. You do not need to buy a new machine to get these benefits since it's all happening within a virtual machine.

As far as TypeScript is concerned, I don't have any experience with it, so I don't have any specific suggestions as to why it is unable to do something as simple as understand whether a semi-colon exists or not.

- Hans