[dba-Tech] MySQL gurus

John R Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Wed Nov 25 21:44:38 CST 2015

It was all because I'm using 32 bit Access. Everything else involved was 64
bit (Windows, Windows Server, MySQL).
Had it been 64 bit Access everything would have worked fine.

So the lesson learned is use 32 bit ODBC drivers with Access regardless of
the data source.

As an aftermath though, I will say that the speed of the Access query I
developed after importing the data from MySQL is phenomenal compared to
trying to find it in HTML, RAW XML or XML Notepad.

Just to compare I think I'll make another Access DB with the data linked and
see if it's any faster.

Any bets on that?