[dba-Tech] Adobe InDesign to pdf

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 8 21:58:05 CDT 2016

Set PDF compression mode on...

From: "Tina Norris Fields" <tinanfields at torchlake.com>
To: "DatabaseAdvisors-Tech" <dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 7, 2016 9:32:20 PM
Subject: [dba-Tech] Adobe InDesign to pdf

Hi,

When I export an Adobe InDesign document to a pdf, I get a huge pdf - I
mean huge. I completed a 12-page tabloid-size newspaper and exported it
to a pdf so my partner could look it over. The thing was over 600 MB.
This is ridiculous. When I get the completed pdf back from my graphic
artist after he places the ad artwork, the pdf is a tenth the size of
what I sent out.

I need to discover why my InDesign documents become gigantic pdfs, and
then I need to correct whatever the reason is.

Does anybody here have experience with this?

Thanks for any thoughts,

TNf

--
Tina Norris Fields