[dba-Tech] Adobe InDesign to pdf

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 09:03:05 CDT 2016

The compressor does its magic by tracking how many pixels are the same
value as the previous pixel.  In photos, often times only areas like sky
or grass are the same value.  In a document most of the pixels are the
same as the previous pixel.  Thus the same compressor will have
radically different compression ratios depending on the data in the
screen data.