[dba-Tech] Password

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Apr 16 02:27:23 CDT 2017

Hi Rocky

> I just didn't like the idea that MS could log into my box when they wanted to.

You should have learned by now, that MS can't do this, neither can anyone else.

As for Flash, it is one of the most buggy-able and vulnerable pieces of software ever created, that's why it is so often updated. But the last month has been worse than ever.

My best advice - implemented at our office machines as well - is simply not to install Flash. Use the Edge browser where you can switch it on if you really need it, and - if so - it will automatically and silently be updated by Windows Update.

If you need another browser than Edge, don't install Flash but switch to Edge when you really have to open a site using Flash.

And if you are not joking about being paranoid, remove Chrome at once, which is the tool for Google to track all (as in all) your doings on the web, and use the InPrivate setting of Edge, turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen, and have Adblock Plus installed.

/gustav