[dba-Tech] Password

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Apr 16 01:56:53 CDT 2017

Hi Rocky (and Peter)

You really should know that your password isn't stored anywhere except in your head - elsewhere it's a hash value of it only.

Novell implemented this technique very early and it has been adopted for any later serious use of password. That's why you never can have your password recovered, only "reset" - which means replaced with a temporary password you have to replace at the first login.

/gustav