[dba-Tech] Being hacked

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 28 16:56:16 CST 2017

One of my websites was recently hacked. It was a Wordpress site of course.

https://arstechnica.com/security/2017/02/virally-growing-attacks-on-unpatched-wordpress-sites-affects-2m-pages/
http://bit.ly/2mqdubQ

I do not blame anyone but myself for not taking proper precautions...the site had been unpatched for a while and the appropriate setting had not been made. If you have a Wordpress or a cleint has a WP site, the latest updates should be installed:

https://wordpress.org/news/2017/01/wordpress-4-7-2-security-release/
http://bit.ly/2llDwYN

After that, if you have not already done so, add the following setting into the WP configuration file. Open the wp-config.php file, in the root folder, of your WordPress installation and add this line to it:

define('WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE', true);

HTH someone.