[dba-Tech] How to create a Docker image/file

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 7 17:46:15 CDT 2019

Hi All:

Here is a simple but good description of what Docker is and how to use it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBwJm0onzeo&feature=youtu.be

The description is being used on a new Raspberry PI 4 and that in it self is an excellent new product but the examples given can run on any Linux or Windows system.

The next video shows how to make a MS Access database and make it into a standalone executable ACCDE image:

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&hs=cCd&channel=fs&q=compile+ms+access+application&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj52Iz76aPjAhVfCTQIHQThAmUQBQgrKAA&biw=1531&bih=872
http://bit.ly/30odSI7

The next video shows how the writer moves MS Access database into a Windows "Docker" container:

http://stevenfollis.com/2017/10/05/access-database-windows-container/

I have not done any experimenting with creating a universal Docker container with an Access application installed as I am no longer that knowledgeable in Access applications. But I see no reason why a good Microsoft tech could not have such a container running on all their client's systems and/or spawn hundreds of copies.

For proof of concept check out the following Github software example and code:

https://github.com/stevenfollis/accessdb-windows-container

Note: The example is slightly dated (2 years old) but the process today is probably significantly simpler given a little bit of research.