[dba-Tech] Align pics in a Word document

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue May 14 05:21:29 CDT 2019

I am writing a Word document, which contains two pics snipped from the net.
I saved these to disk and then pasted them into the document; so far all is
well. But I want to place the pics side by side, not above-and-beneath. I
cannot figure out how to do this. They will fit side by side, and that
ready comparison is essential to the point of the document. Think of a
Before And After poster or something similar: it can't be effective without
side-by-side comparison.
Susan is our acknowledge Professor Emeritus of Word, so at the risk of
redundancy I'm cc'ing her for an expert opinion, which is not to slight any
of you retired developers, but just in case of massive failure, Susan H.
Harkins is my Go-To expert.
In case anyone cares, when I'm done I shall be happy to email you a copy
when the piece is ready, although I prefer that point as expressed by W.H.
Auden, "A poem is never finished, but only abandoned." Which recalls the
writer in a Russian (English? they share many similar flaws) novel who has
been rewriting the first sentence of the first paragraph of his forthcoming
novel, for twenty years, and remains unsatisfied.

--
Arthur