[dba-Tech] Linux question

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 08:44:09 CDT 2020

It is quite easy to get to Zihuatanejo. Fly tostayed Acaapluco then rent a
car and drive a couple of hours North and you're there. Last time I
visited, I stayed in a place right on the ocean-side, not even a room
(which they also offered)  but rather a hammock outdoors, for about $5 a
night. It was an adventure!

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 11:57 PM John Colby <jwcolby at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been to Taxco.  Been to Michoacan, winter home of the  Monarch
> butterflies,  lived in Puebla for 5 years.  I've been many places in
> Mexico, but never  Zihuatanejo.  Doesn't even look easy to get to.
>
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 11:36 AM Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > One of my several computers runs the current Mint. I'm a few months shy
> of
> > 73yo, and as was to be expected, virtually all body parts as well as the
> > cerebellum are slowly disintegrating -- I used to be smart, and now all I
> > have left is long-term memory. I can remember birthdays of my siblings
> and
> > close friends, and even the serial number of my first bicycle, but ask me
> > what I had for breakfast yesterday and all I have is anductive guess
> based
> > on previous behaviour: probably *huevos rancheros*, which I learned how
> > prepare from a cook in Zihuatanejo. But I digress.
> > It's simple enough to control the size of the Linux icons. It seems a lot
> > more problematic to adjust the icon size of apps. Changing the size of
> the
> > desktop is not inherited by the resident apps, so how do I achieve that?
> > want the icons etc. within, say, LibreOffice, be be large enough for me
> > read them without a magnifying glass.
> > Anyone know how to achieve this?
> >

> > --
> > Arthur