[dba-Tech] Actually a wetware issue

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 18:45:08 CDT 2020

My vision seems to rapidly deteriorating. For a person who spends a lot of
time reading, this is a disaster. I think I'd prefer to lose a leg rather
than my eyesight.
My bifocals are several years old; perhaps it is time for another
examination. A side question: I have been experimenting (by closing one eye
then the other and comparing views) and have learned that my left eye is
substantially worse than my right eye. But when I see estimates of vision,
I typically see 20-20 or some variation of what appears to be the measure
of a single eye. Should I choose to buy new glasses, the pair of lenses
would require different prescriptions, methinks. Does anyone know anything
about this? I most certainly don't.
Second question. My neighbourhood was formerly, well, not a slum but
definitely inhabited by a majority of economically impoverished people, and
in the past few years is undergoing Gentrification. As a consequence of
that, the stores on Queen Street have all been gentrified as well. Within
about 5 blocks of me are an equal number of stores that sell glasses, and
basically they sell fashion-glasses. All I'm after is a pair of glasses
that work. I'm way too old to consider the fashion aspect; I just want
glasses that work, so once again I can read my usual couple of books a week.

--
Arthur