[dba-Tech] external hard drive

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:08:53 CDT 2021

That is a nice setup. No, I hadn't considered it. Thanks for suggesting it.

Susan H.

Do you need it to be portable?  If not, I might suggest you look into a
drive dock and an internal hard drive that you cloud plug into that docking
station.  You can get dual disk docking stations that connect to your PC via
USB for under $40.  Then you can put in any standard ATA hard drive -
spinning or SSD and you can copy from one drive to another. I've used these
to copy files off otherwise crashed systems onto new computers as well.

Here is one on Amazon

https://tinyurl.com/manh9fvy

You would also need to buy a hard drive separately of course.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 7:26 AM Susan Harkins <ssharkins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>

> My Seagate external drive has developed a short in the wiring and it's
> difficult to get the files, which is okay - there's little there
> that's important for all time - mostly work files that I needed to keep
for a bit.
> I bought a new one, My Passport, and within a few days it was toast. I
> received a prompt to format the drive. A little research shows this
> happens with this brand. So, I'm going to return it, but now I'm
> wondering what I can trust. Would anyone like to recommend a brand?
>

> Susan H.

Gary Kjos
garykjos at gmail.com