[dba-Tech] Windows update hell

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Jun 20 07:37:38 CDT 2021

Hi Peter

It may be one out a million. I've never seen anything like that; on the contrary, Windows 10 update is a vast improvement to that of Windows 7 (and earlier) that could go into a kind of lock up.

Our general advice, if machines or Office behaves in a non-expected way, is to make a clean install from scratch using the current Windows 10 build. Given decent (branded) and relatively new hardware, that has never failed.

/gustav