[dba-Tech] finding the most consistent combination of 3 columns

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Mar 7 16:15:53 CST 2021

Ah, that's completely different to how I understood your requirement.

Are you now saying that 5,5,5 and 4,4,4 have equal priority? Or is your original example with
the largest values first still relevant?

You say "2 decimal places, but then say that a difference of "1" would be next best.

Do you really mean "2 decimal places" or ar they integers in the range 1 to 99 ?

Which of these is the "best match"
5,5,4  or 5,4,5 or 4,5,5   or are the equal?