[dba-Tech] Linux Problem

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 11:51:22 CDT 2021

I do have an inkling about sudo, but I don't know how to use it when
presented with a list Box containing current downloads. I would have
thought that Right-Click would give me an option Run As, but no such luck.
Ij, given a file whose type id .DEB, how can I open and run it? There is
only one user on this Linux box, namely me, but apparently I do not have
Admin rights.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 12:20 PM Bryan Carbonnell <carbonnb at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Use the 'sudo' command.

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2021 at 18:39, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have a Deb file that would install Oracle's VirtualBox, but then when I
> > double-click it, it says that I need Admin permissions to install it. I
> am
> > the sole user of this box, and have marked myself as an Admin. right-
> click
> > on the filename and don't see a Run As option,
> > What to do?
> > (It's Mint 20.xx if that matters.)
> >
> > --
> > Arthur

> Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
> Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
> well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
> shouting "What a great ride!"

Arthur