[dba-Tech] Windows 11

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 16:12:35 CDT 2022

That's encouraging! Thank you so much!

Susan H.

Hi Susan

We’ve used Windows 11 from day one with zero issues, and all 64-bit machines
now run it, even though not supported, including my two ThinkStation, an E32
and my 10 years(!) old ThinkStation E30:

Processor         Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31245 @ 3.30GHz   3.30 GHz
Installeret RAM                           12,0 GB (11,8 GB kan bruges)
Systemtype     64-bit operativsystem, x64-baseret processor

Udgave             Windows 11 Enterprise
Version             21H2
Installeret d.    ‎14-‎04-‎2022
Operativsystemets build         22000.613
Visning              Microsoft-pakke med funktionsoplevelse 1000.22000.613.0

The frustrating part is, that no 32-bit version is available and never will
be, thus our small Lenovo pads must live on with Windows 10.

This clever and simple trick works, fooling the less restrictive Windows 10
installer to install Windows 11 on just about any 64-bit machine:

https://techpp.com/2021/06/30/how-to-install-windows-11-tpm-2-bypass/

>From clients running Windows 11 on new machines, we have had only positive
reports.

/gustav