[dba-Tech] Excel

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Oct 22 15:19:48 CDT 2022

If it is still opening opening Execl 2010 when you have installed 2021, there was a problem
with the installation.

Check that
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.xlse\
has a Default value
Excel.Sheet.12
and
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Excel.Sheet.12\shell\Open\command
has a Default value of
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE" "%1"

(Open RegEdit as Admsinistrator)

Sounds like it is is pointing to an earlier installation and is missing the "%1"