[dba-Tech] Password Manager apps

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Oct 22 22:53:40 CDT 2022

Reading the earlier link, it appears that LastPass doesn't use a file to store the data. It stores
it as a load of  individual encrypted files, one for each login/password pair. in a directory.

And if you use multiple browsers, it stores them in multiple locations.

I've got the same thing in my browsers without needing anything like LastPass.
They all give you the opportunity to store logins and passwords for specific URLs.
In FF, they are all in two files:  logins.json and kery4.db (an encryted SQLite file) in your
profile folder.