[dba-Tech] Is it possible to install MacOS or any UNIX on a Windows box?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Sep 11 16:12:24 CDT 2022

How:
See https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/macos-windows-10-virtual-machine/
 for instructions.

Why:
To get familiar with MacOS without spending money on a Mac machine.
To provide support to Mac users?

Difference:
Linux and Unix  machines come in different flavours - with different "shells".
(Redhat, Ubuntu etc, etc ad infium)

At its heart, , MacOS is build on the BSD Unix code base.so you could (rather inaccurately)
consider it just another Unix shell :)