[dba-Tech] Power BI question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 12:46:34 CDT 2022

I tried to use Power Automate to send a Power BI report via email. Nothing I
did worked and after a bit of research, you may not be able to do it in the
Pro version at all. I read two posts that said you have to have the
Enterprise license, which is exorbitant. I've set the output format to a
pdf, but I've tried the others too.

Can anyone confirm this or help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? I get
this error:

Error Export a PDF version of a Power BI Report us... - Power Platform
Community (microsoft.com)
<https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Error-Export-a-P
DF-version-of-a-Power-BI-Report-using-Power/td-p/844878>

At one point, I got rid of that, but it still didn't work - something about
the file on the server not being available. I've tried every way I can think
of to reference the pbix report, including its published name (the url
starting at \recordsection.

It seems odd that Power Automate would allow me to choose the action if it
isn't available in the Pro version.

Susan H.