[dba-Tech] consulting thoughts

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 08:57:42 CDT 2023

Right -- sorry for the name snafu.

I'm not familiar with QuickBooks and that's what I was wondering -- if it
had the capability to offer some simple ERP components for now. Thank you
for responding because this might be all she needs right now because I'm
available to customize for her. It might work.

Do you know if QuickBooks can handle barcodes for inventory control? I'm
thinking a bar code on all her plant markers and a quick scan via wifi would
be of huge benefit. I'd input new inventory and the barcode system would
handle outgoing inventory. All she wants to use, if possible, is her phone.

Susan H.

Hi Susan,

I've used Quicken for almost 3 decades and it is for personal finance - not
business.

QuickBooks is used for a small business where you have inventory to track
and many sales to keep track of.  The page below has some info.  It's not
too expensive so it might be a good 'starter' ERP system.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/pricing/

Good Luck!
Dan