[dba-Tech] Recommended free software: was Re: Office security issue CVE-2023-23397

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Mar 22 01:22:06 CDT 2023

On 22 Mar 2023 at 4:40, John Bartow wrote:

> I have a large list of open
> source and free apps that I can install - update - remove with a click
> of my RMM scripts for friends. Of those apps there have been very few
> that have impressed me to the point of qualifying for a post here.
>
> John B

I guess an interesting thread here would be something like:  the top 10(?) recommended
open source and free apps that I regularly recommend to friends.  :)

I'll start - off the top of my head:

For general use, I'd start with
Irfanview
Foxit PDF Reader
Bullzip PDF printer
Notepad++
Everything
Terracopy
VideoLan

Then there are the more specific ones which depend on their interests and tasks.

--
Stuart