[dba-VB] OT: .NET - Data grid syncs to combo

Marcus, Scott (GEAE, RHI Consulting) scott.marcus at ae.ge.com
Wed Feb 26 07:10:11 CST 2003

John,

Less than a year ago, I decided to convert an access application to .Net. Within
one day, I had a working prototype in both VB.Net and C#.Net. It was extremely
easy. You are right in that the combo changes the data set which in turn affects
all controls linked to it. Just for kicks, I also bought Borland C++ and did the
same thing (within a day).

My conclusion is that all the major tools these days are offering click and
create applications. It's just a matter of picking the technology you think is
most marketable. I don't think you can go wrong in learning .Net. I'm still torn
as to what technology to pick (although the next version of .Net is coming out
in April and is just a $29 upgrade for previous .Net owners and includes the
capability to make Pocket PC.Net applications).

I'm very interested in discussing the techniques developers are using to convert
Access applications to .Net.

Hoping to find intelligent useful discussion on .Net,

Scott Marcus