[dba-VB] Frameworks

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Dec 11 10:28:36 CST 2007

Yes, we build what can be called a framework.  We created a solution and
added project for Configuration, Controls, Exceptions, Charts, Data,
Data.OleDbProvider, Reports, ResourceData (xml data tables), UI and
Security.  Some of those were added as we developed the concept, but
Configuration, Exceptions, Data, Reports, UI and Security we there from
the start.  Controls was added when we started customising third party
controls or building our own.  Using those allows us to maintain a
consistent look throughout the applications and save the developer
having to set countless properties over and over.

Charlotte