[dba-VB] Open a filtered form

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Dec 11 10:51:23 CST 2007

Someone here must be opening forms filtered down to a set of records?  I
need to select a record in a main form and then open another form filtered
to records related to the main form.  The equivalent of the popup filtered
forms from Access.

Can anyone show code to cause this to happen?

Let's assume for the moment a grid control in the popup form.

I assume code in the form will create a data set object and bind the grid to
that.  I don't want the whole table though, I only want a set of records, a
WHERE.  And if I enter records I need the PKID from the parent table
automagically entered in the new records I am creating.  And I don't want
the FK field from the parent object displayed in the grid.

You know, "just like Access does it", and of course "just like you would
logically expect it to be done".

Is anyone doing this stuff?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting