[dba-VB] Does anyone have

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Dec 11 03:43:43 CST 2007

Hi John

(crossposted to AccessD because this brief chapter is excellent reading if you know nearly nothing about Visual Studio and wish a first-hand impression on how it "compares" to Access regarding creating forms).

Did you read the sample chapter 4 from the link provided by Arthur for "Visual Basic 2005 Jumpstart (see below):

www.oreilly.com/catalog/vbjumpstart/chapter/ch04.pdf

The chapter covers exactly this.

---

Hi Arthur

All samples? It lists 470 on Visual Studio alone!

Found the JumpStart code download and the book:

  http://examples.oreilly.com/vbjumpstart/
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/vbjumpstart/

Thanks!

/gustav

---

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 27-04-2007 16:28 >>>
Go to GotDotNet and download all the samples. Do it relatively quickly since
MS has decided to phase out this site. Also go to Visual Studio Magazine and
CodePlex.

There is a very good intro book called VB.NET JumpStart (google vbJumpStart
and you should get to the downloadable code). I found this book so good that
I am currently thinking that .NET is even easier than Access.

Arthur
--

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 10-12-2007 20:54 >>>

OTOH, there is now the issue of the child form.  I have ExportSpec which
defines the export of data.  I have ExportMap which defines field level info
about a specific ExportSpec.  I now know how to build a form to display
ExportSpec, and I can also now build a form for ExportMap, but I need to
open frmExportMap and filter the data in ExportMap to just the child records
of the current ExportSpec.  It would be nice but certainly not a requirement
to embed frmExportMap in frmExportSpec a la Access.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting