[dba-VB] Does anyone have

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Tue Dec 11 12:25:15 CST 2007

Hello Gustav,

Yes, I do have my own home-made very light "framework", which I use to
develop ASP.Net apps as well as other kinds of .NET Framework based apps...

Most of the "plumbing" code and CRUD/lookup UDFs/SPs is generated from SPARX
systems EA's meta data synchronized with MS SQL db and some simple manually
prepared meta-data...

Generator is "home made" also...

It's all multi-tiered/layered, quite effective way of application
development with hundreds (thousands?) of custom classes and zero ADO.NET
datasets...

I didn't want to get bounded to any frameworks as CodeSmith or NHibernate or
similar tools provide - hence in parallel with custom coding I have written
my own light framework which I will be throwing away by pieces with MS
technologies progressing making my home-made "framework exercises"
obsolete...

I did get the main ideas of this light framework from Marco Bellinaso book
on ASP.NET, and then I expanded these ideas in the direction I needed to
solve custom tasks... I also used quite some of my past experience to
organize and keep simple custom meta-data...

I do plan to add some parts to this "framework" from MS Enterpise Library,
which is freely available on MS site...

Etc...