[dba-VB] Is anybody an expert calling webservices from VB.net?

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:42:48 CDT 2007

I have an existing C#/VS2003 app that calls a webservice that works great.

The program had to be re-written in VS2005/VB.net and it was.

On my local box, I am able to run both the compiled "release" exe and debug
version successfully.

If I take it to a different computer it does not call the webservice.

In .net 1.1, all I had to do when deploying my app was to change the
appname.config file from my localhost address to the live external ip/url.

Have things changed in VS2005/.Net 2.0  that require me to do something
else?

Thanks in advance,
David