[dba-VB] Visual Studio Projects Location

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu May 17 15:41:49 CDT 2007

Is it possible to have a common location for Visual Studios projects, and
access them from any computer, without issues?  I have a couple of servers
with Raid 6 volumes that would make a nice safe location for my programming
stuff.  With my laptop dying I had to move the stuff off of the laptop over
to one of the servers, but the default location is in My Documents / Visual
Studio 2005 / Projects which is not on one of the RAID drives, and is not
shared or otherwise visible from another location.

On another note, I assume that Visual Studio Standard does not have Visual
Source Safe?  Is anyone else using a cheap / free source control system that
they recommend?

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting