[dba-VB] Visual Studio Projects Location

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Thu May 17 15:50:28 CDT 2007

We use SourceSafe, so I can't recommend another source control system.
We never put our projects in My Documents because of the obvious
problems with that.  What we do is create a directory for each solution
being developed on our local drives (you could use a server too) and
within that structure, we create folders for our various projects that
are components of the solution.  There's no magic about My Documents
(except maybe how to make installers stop defaulting to that!!).  I can
use VPN to log into my office machine over the internet and work on the
stuff if I need to.

Charlotte Foust