[dba-VB] ControlChars in C#

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Tue Mar 25 14:11:13 CDT 2008

<<<
And of course all aggravated by "sql server gurus" who execute code through
the command prompt.

John,

I'm not one of them, do you believe me? :)
I do use more often than anything else MS Access QBE with MS SQL attached
tables to do my SQL "coding" :) - and I'm programming not "toy apps" but
real life multi-layered (ASP.NET) applications with object models with
hundreds and even several thousands of custom classes, many classlib DLLs
etc.

<<<
In the end I am writing a .Net application that stores everything in
metadata tables but that takes time to design and debug.

OK, but what for then you need an "intellisense enabled" MS SQL query
editor? I mean you do not need to write that much of T-SQL queries manually
if you have most of your definitions in metadata tables, do you?...

<<<
The rest of my time is executing queries, one by one, waiting
for the results to be ready to run the next.

Watch PLINQ to be released soon! I might help you to naturally (and
effortlessly?) execute your "data massage and export" in parallel on
multi-core systems:

http://spellcoder.com/blogs/bashmohandes/archive/2007/10/14/8530.aspx

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e848dc1d-5be3-4941-
8705-024bc7f180ba&displaylang=en