[dba-VB] Click-Once setup...

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Apr 3 04:28:09 CDT 2009

Hi Shamil

How/where did you obtain a code signing certificate?

Nice tip about the URL parameters, didn't know about that option.

External tools to VS may only be needed - as I mentioned - if you wish to include additional components to install with your ClickOnce setup - like a special font as in my case.

/gustav

>>> Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru> 02-04-2009 21:51 >>>

Thank you Gustav, Jack and Pat, James, Mike for testing the link.

As I have written previously here I have published the new version here

http://shamils-4.hosting.parking.ru/click-once/MySampleWpfApplication.application?Company=Test&UserId=Guest

(watch line wraps)

which is now signed with my code certofocate and accepts parameters specified in URL.

All the info for this sample is obtained from the following sources:

Click-Once Deployment
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t71a733d(VS.80).aspx

Deploying WPF Applications with ClickOnce
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc707835.aspx

How to: Retrieve Query String Information in a ClickOnce Application
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms172242(VS.80).aspx

as well as from Gustav's previous posting on click-once here on dba-VB:

http://databaseadvisors.com/pipermail/dba-vb/2008-October/002037.html

although I didn't use (yet) any external tools to make this setup - I have just used VS2008's:

Right-Click VS Project entry -> Properies -> Publish

as well as MS Windows MMC Certificates snap-in to install my code signing certificate as the Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate.

I think we can use similar Click-Once deployment feature to setup a test version of our Northwind.NET executables together with MS SQL database running under MS SQL Express...